Blogs > Two Plus Two Makes For...

This blog is about parenting: the glamor, the cuisine, and everything in between.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

ZUMBA

Ok, I first discovered Zumba at Gold's Gym when it was in marchwood. And I LOVED it. My husband asked if I would wear the funny pants, and I asked him how he knew about the pants? He was referring to the chef's pants popularized in the, what was it, the 90's?

Anyway, I admit, I bore easily. Sculpt classes find me watching the clock. But I really need to be active, it helps my mind as much as my body. And now that I have broached the mid life marker of forty (gasp), I saw that the slope to a larger pant size was getting slippery.

So after a fall of trying to save money and work out on my own (HA!), I did a search and realized that my favorite Zumba instructor has her own studio on 113 in Chester SPrings, pretty close to where I live.

Love 2 Be Fit

I dropped in for a class and the magic was back. It is the best workout I know of, and so much fun. I always get a feeling of complete acceptance and empowerment, even when I am flailing around, missing steps and just keeping up with a new routine. And the endorphins are absolutely the best. I came home, my husband went out, and I still rode cheerfully through two Kindergarten post holiday melt downs and settled everyone in enough for a reading of When We Were Six.

They have 6pm classes most weeknights, and are adding more morning classes as well. Seriously - it is worth a try. Here's to a fun and healthier 2011!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home